Re: Possible planner bug/regression introduced in 8.2.5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible planner bug/regression introduced in 8.2.5
Date: 2007-10-30 04:09:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Please try the attached patch (in addition to the one I sent earlier).

> This is biting us too, quite badly. Any chance this can get pushed into a
> 8.2.6?

Those patches are certainly already in the 8.2 CVS branch, so your
question seems to mean "are we going to push 8.2.6 immediately to fix
this". My vote would be no --- 8.2.5 is less than six weeks old and
we don't have that many bugs against it. Given the overhead involved
in a release, both from our point of view as packagers and users' point
of view in having to install it, a single bug has to be pretty darn
catastrophic to force an update by itself. This doesn't seem to me
to reach that level...