Re: BOF at pgCon?

From: "Gurgel, Flavio" <flavio(at)4linux(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(at)intellilink(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BOF at pgCon?
Date: 2010-06-10 16:44:42
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
----- Mensagem original -----
> Many clustering people gathered and we had very good time. I talked
> about XC thing with several other guys there but I don't know what was
> going on in total.

I can help here a bit.
There were a lot of people interested in clustering, but since there are many different solutions for different tasks the BOF turned into 3 or 4  groups discussing each technology.

I remember people interested in Slony, pgpool, PostgresXC (including me), londiste, pgbouncer and plproxy.

The discussion about XC was interesting. Fellows from NTT and EnterpriseDB are open to discuss how it will improve and how design changes and decisions can make a better software.

I think the BOF started as a great way to keep in touch with interesting people and try to find ways to help those projects.

Flavio Henrique A. Gurgel
tel. 55-11-2125.4786
cel. 55-11-8389.7635
www.4linux.com.br
FREE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

pgsql-cluster-hackers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-06-10 17:01:05
Previous:From: Koichi SuzukiDate: 2010-06-10 01:02:03