Re: Postgresql iPhone

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Hoyt <hoytandrew540(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql iPhone
Date: 2011-03-18 15:33:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

Andrew Hoyt <hoytandrew540(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Hello, im trying to get postgresql working on iPhone. Everything builds
> fine, ./configure no flags. I have all binaries compiled, but when running
> initdb I get the familiar problem with "Bad System Call"

Umm ... it would kind of surprise me if Apple had bothered to support
SysV IPC primitives in iOS. You'd need to find replacements for our
sysv_shmem and sysv_sema modules. It's possible that posix_sema would
work, although I'd bet against that too. Basically, that's likely to be
a major port effort :-(