Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ??

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: "Dominic J(dot) Eidson" <sauron(at)the-infinite(dot)org>,Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>,Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ??
Date: 2002-02-21 16:37:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Guys,

Vince Vielhaber writes:
 > On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Dominic J. Eidson wrote:
 > > On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Lee Kindness wrote:
 > > > On a slightly related note, and just as whimsical nature...
 > > > I've often wondered now many people actual say the name 'PostgreSQL',
 > > > I mean it flows off the tongue so easily! Whereas 'Postgres' is 100
 > > > times simpler...
 > > As much as I get really bored when this comes up time after time..
 > > "post-gre-sql" (And no, SQL's not pronounced sequel)
 > The proper pronunciation is on the PostgreSQL home page in mp3 and
 > wav formats.  The above implies that the second sylable is pronounced
 > with a long e which is incorrect.

I know how it's pronounced, I never said anything to the contrary! The
actual fact that there is a need for the pronunciation on the webpage
hints at my point - it's a real mouthful!

And as I said this was a 'whimsical' post - I don't really care either
way what the name is... But i'm sure most people shorten it to
Postgres.

Lee.