Problem with Out-of-resources error?

From: cbrazvan(at)laitek(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with Out-of-resources error?
Date: 2005-05-16 18:23:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello all.

I am having a problem on using pg 8.0.2 with apache 2.0.43. While sending
queries and obtaining results was absolutely no problem when doing stuff
outside an apache module, as soon as I moved the code into apache,
I started being short on replies from PG.

Searching and googling the whole day didn't do any good so I am wondering
whether any of you does have any similar experience and does know some
workarounds.

The error postgres is throwing when setting debug levels to 5 is something
of a mouthful (I am on a different computer than the one I did the work on
so I am writing this from memory) and describes an out-of-resources
error or a full queue, a socks related error. In any case, nothing close to
reality (plenty of resources available).

The connection to the PG is done and the server receives the connection
request. Soon after though, everything goes quiet.

Any ideas, advices on this?

I hope I am hot _way_ too fuzzy. I am hoping that someone actually did
have this problem before or have been around it.

Thank you and best regards,
Razvan