Re: BUG #3902: Segmentation faults using GSSAPI authentication

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3902: Segmentation faults using GSSAPI authentication
Date: 2008-01-28 00:27:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Trying to connect via GSSAPI (with Kerberos 5 as the underlying mechanism)
> after the server has been under a very slight load results in an unusable
> but still running server.

I couldn't reproduce this at all on Fedora 8. I speculate that you've
not told us enough about the configuration you're using. Given that the
crash doesn't happen until after "connection authorized" is logged, it
seems likely that the problem is not purely GSSAPI's fault but is an
interaction with some other option that I happen not to be using.
Please show your configure options and all non-default postgresql.conf
settings.

> The client connection shows this:
> $ /s/postgresql-8.3-RC2/bin/psql -h mitchell -p 5434
> psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly

BTW, I couldn't get GSSAPI to work at all without a fully-specified -h
option; it kept trying to use the wrong Kerberos principal names.
I wonder whether that is related --- how did you persuade it to do the
above? Special sauce in krb5.conf maybe?