Re: ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Patrick Vachon" <kaleidelf(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug
Date: 2003-06-30 16:54:40
Lists: pgsql-ports
"Patrick Vachon" <kaleidelf(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> Solaris 8
> PostgreSQL-7.3.3

> After doing an ANALYSE command, any equality comparison between two string
> fields from different table failed and make the server restart.

If you are running in a non-C locale, you might see whether the problem
goes away after re-initdb'ing in C locale.  I have some recollection of
strcoll() having bugs in various versions of Solaris.  It'd be worth
trying to get a stack trace out of the core dump file to verify where
it's crashing, too.