Re: SSL Connection help, pls...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Troy <rtroy(at)ScienceTools(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL Connection help, pls...
Date: 2010-01-27 22:31:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Richard Troy <rtroy(at)ScienceTools(dot)com> writes:
> Although I think I've got everything configured correctly, I'm not getting
> ssl encrypted connections to be accepted. Also, havent' figured out how to
> tell psql to try _only_ an ssl-type connection.

I don't know the answer to your problems offhand, but a few suggestions:

* Read the version of the docs corresponding to your server version,
not earlier or later ones. This stuff changes.
* Look in the postmaster log to see what gets logged during a failed
connection attempt.
* I do know about try-only-SSL, it's driven by an environment variable:
export PGSSLMODE=require
* The docs only cover SSL in the context of psql and other libpq-based
clients. For JDBC you should probably ask on pgsql-jdbc. But try to
get psql working first.