trouble restoring and other bugs

From: John Fabiani <johnf(at)jfcomputer(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: trouble restoring and other bugs
Date: 2011-11-21 20:53:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
openSUSE 12.1
pgadmin version 1.14.0(Oct 30, 2011) REl-1_14_0
Postgres 8.4

I installed pgadmin using Yast.

First I'm new to this interface and it could be that I'm doing something
wrong. I have used earlier version of pgadmin for years without issues.

1. None of the messages that normally appear in dialog boxes - i.e. the
standard message about saving passwords dialog text is completely blank after
adding a server.

2. I can't restore any of the backups I make (I always get an exit with error
) Yet I don't see anything in the command from earlier versions. The backups
exit with a 0.

Could someone explain the correct procedure to make a restore-able backup and
what is required to restore the backup.

Thanks in advance,

Johnf