Re: contrib/tablefunc bugfix

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib/tablefunc bugfix
Date: 2003-05-03 17:28:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I did find that contrib/cube fails `make installcheck` due to the bison
> error message wording change (...syntax error... vs ... parse error
> ...). It seems contrib/seg was adjusted for this, but cube was not. Is
> there a reason for that, or should I send in a patch?

Since we are going to be going through substantial error message wording
changes anyway for 7.4, I'm planning to revert the build-time hack that
preserves the older bison spelling of the error message; we may as
well standardize on the bison 1.875 spelling. So contrib/seg needs its
hack undone, and both need their expected files updated. If you wanna
do that, fine, otherwise I'll get to it when I start doing the backend
error call updates.