Re: Request for download stats on release

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for download stats on release
Date: 2004-08-11 18:30:23
Lists: pgsql-www

> These download counts would be completely random anyway. Most people get
> their dose of PostgreSQL via an OS distributor.

Sure, but the download counts just following a new release would give us
a reading on enthusiastic real users --- ie, people who are interested
enough to download a new major release as soon as it's available.

However, this is probably moot given the point that we won't get
cooperation from the larger mirror sites.