Re: Win32 signals & sockets

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 signals & sockets
Date: 2004-11-16 19:42:16
Lists: pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
> This patch *replaces* the previous one. Contains the exact same changes,
> except it *also* contains the move of the backend parameter file to
> shared memory on win32.

I think it's way too late in the beta cycle for significant changes in
the fork mechanism ... especially if the gain is only 10% on something
that isn't a performance issue for properly written applications anyway.

Can I safely ignore this patch and use the prior one, or are there
additional bug fixes in this?