Win32: missing log file option for pg_ctl running as service

From: "Steve McWilliams" <smcwilliams(at)EmprisaNetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Win32: missing log file option for pg_ctl running as service
Date: 2004-09-16 17:55:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

When running pg_ctl as a windows service (WinXP Pro), I don't see any way
currently to configure a log file for it to use. I am using the following
syntax to register pg_ctl as a service:

pg_ctl register -N MyService -U myUser -P myPword -D myDataDir -w -o "-i"

A "-l myLog" option passed in would get ignored, according to pg-ctl.c.
Is there some other way that we should be configuring a log file when
running pg_ctl as a service on windows?

Thanks.

Steve McWilliams
Software Engineer
Emprisa Networks
703-691-0433x21
smcwilliams(at)emprisanetworks(dot)com

The information contained in this communication is intended only for the
use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please resend this communication to
the sender and delete the original communication and any copy of it from
your computer system. Thank you.