Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?
Date: 2001-10-01 14:17:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:
 > I'm especially not pleased at the notion of removing an error check
 > that's always been there because someone else thinks that would make it
 > more convenient for his application.

Please, don't get me wrong - I don't want to come across arrogant. I'm
simply trying to improve the 'COPY FROM' command in a situation where
speed is a critical issue and the data is dirty... And that must be a
relatively common scenario in industry.

And I never said the duplicate should be silently ignored - an
elog(NOTICE) should still be output.

Lee.