Re : Re : pg_dump, serial

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : Re : pg_dump, serial
Date: 2007-03-02 18:56:28
Lists: pgsql-general

OK, I take note of this.

I assume it's because you consider that pg_dump has only one role (to produce files to be used by pg_restore) and not two as I said in my previous email.

-------- extract from previous email --------
So to me, pg_dump has two missions:
- to create files to be used by pg_restore (format = c or t)
- to create SQL scripts (format = p) to be read by developers and to be modified by them.
-------- end of extract from previous email --------

Have fun,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy