Porting from MySQL.

From: Danny Appaiah <danny(at)indvalley(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Porting from MySQL.
Date: 2001-10-04 10:40:26
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello Sir,

I have some issues with postgres.

We are planning to port a Billing Application from MySQL+PHP to
PostGres 7.1+PHP.

The issues are maily with capitalized column names.

My Table Name: NetworkName
Column Name1 : NetCode
Column Name2 : NetworkName

All over the application we have used statements like (After fetching *
from above table).

echo $Row["NetCode"]; and echo $Row["NetworkName"];

these statements return nothing where as statements like

echo $Row["netcode"]; and echo $Row["networkname"] display correct
values.

Why is this difference when my column names are capitalized. Even the "psql"
tool displays all column names in lower cases.

I need to port my application urgently ..

Thanks in Advance,
Danny Appaiah