Re: ADO, set returning functions, ms acccess

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ADO, set returning functions, ms acccess
Date: 2006-10-03 08:36:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Aside from recordcount not working, your function wouldn't work from
the sql editor either because you don't have a final return statement.

Also, does Execute return a recordset or do you need to call an Open
function?

Sim

brian stapel schrieb:

> When I try to incorporate this function into my ado application, it
> doesn't seem to return a recordset.
> [...]
>
> rs record count is -1.

I write without any testing or even looking at your stuff.

At least the 8.1.xx ODBC driver didn't support the recordcount of
returned recordsets.
It showed -1 regardless how many records were produced.

Try to read the recordset anyway and catch EOF to prevent a runtime-error.

               http://archives.postgresql.org