Re: Transaction handling through java

From: nalini <nalini(at)nic(dot)in>
To: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transaction handling through java
Date: 2008-07-16 08:35:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am using Jboss application server on rhel 5.

I have knowingly not configured anything which assumes that long running queries are to assumed as committed.

Moreover if I restart the database when the query is still running, the transaction should be rolled back in totality, instead of that the roll back is unpredictable and messy i.e if 3rd query took a long time to finish then after restart 1 and 4th queries are rolled back but the 2nd and 3rd are not, the sequence may vary but it is never as it should be.

with regards