Populate a database with username and generate MD5 hash

From: norman <norman_khine(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Populate a database with username and generate MD5 hash
Date: 2007-11-03 09:46:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
I would like to implement Mod_Authn_bdb as per example on Apache web site.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html#example

Has anyone implemented this, how do I design my database schema - I have the following:

auth=# \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+--------+-------+----------
public | groups | table | postgres
public | log | table | postgres
public | users | table | postgres
(3 rows)

auth=# \d+ users
Table "public.users"
Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
----------+-----------------------+-----------+-------------
username | character(32) | |
pass | text | |
email | character varying(80) | |
Has OIDs: no

auth=# \d+ log
Table "public.log"
Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
--------+--------------------------------+-----------+-------------
uname | character(20) | |
time | timestamp(6) without time zone | |
uri | character varying(512) | |
ip | inet | |
Has OIDs: no

auth=# \d+ groups
Table "public.groups"
Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
username | character(32) | |
memberof | character(64) | |
Has OIDs: no

Now when I try to log into the protected site, I am presented with the login box. I suppose all is working well.

My question, is there a quick way to load the data of usernames, groups, emails, passwords into postgres and also MD5 the password field?

I have followed setting up http://www.koders.com/noncode/fid54A55F93F75759CC524993DFF82D73300B5EE753.aspx?s=md5

But this is the stage now. I was thinking maybe I can write a script that will load the file as CSV and then MD5 the passwords - has anyone got any advice?

Thanks