Re: how does LDFLAGS work?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: michael lush <mjlush(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how does LDFLAGS work?
Date: 2011-10-03 14:37:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
michael lush <mjlush(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm trying to compile postgres 8.4.2 with perl and ssl support but
> have no root access ...
> I did a local install of OpenSSL in  /home/michael/openssl however,  I
> not clear how to point configure at the local library

You need to use --with-includes and --with-libraries to point at the
relevant subdirectories of /home/michael/openssl.

That should be enough to get it to build.  Whether it will actually run
is a different question.  You may in fact need to fool with rpaths for
that part; but that's quite dependent on what platform you're using,
which you didn't say.