Re: Damaged table "pg_access"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jens Hartwig <jhartwig(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Damaged table "pg_access"
Date: 2000-11-28 15:06:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jens Hartwig <jhartwig(at)debis(dot)com> writes:
> when I try to access the system-table "pg_class", I get the following
> error:

> zeda=# select * from pg_class;
> NOTICE: get_groname: group 1 not found
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Evidently you had created a group with sysid 1, granted some permissions
on some table to that group, and then deleted the group. Re-create the
group (CREATE GROUP foo WITH SYSID 1).

I thought the crash in this situation had been fixed long since, but
apparently not :-( ... it still fails in current sources. I'll make
sure it's fixed for 7.1.