Re: BUG #1072: "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Thomas Borg Salling" <tbs(at)navicon(dot)dk>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL Bugs List'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1072: "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory
Date: 2004-02-02 17:58:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Thomas Borg Salling" <tbs(at)navicon(dot)dk> writes:
> for some reason - conversion_create.sql the $libdir is not defined. I tried
> to print $libdir from bin/initdb, but this variable is empty.

$libdir is not an environment variable, it's a notation specially
recognized by CREATE FUNCTION.  It should expand to the same directory
printed by "pg_config --pkglibdir".  You might check what that prints.

The only other idea that comes to mind is that you changed your mind
about the install prefix during the installation and didn't do a full
rebuild.  The PKGLIBDIR setting is hardwired into dfmgr.o at compile
time and maybe it didn't get recompiled.