Re: Postgres 7 on IRIX

From: Pete Forman <gsez020(at)kryten(dot)bedford(dot)waii(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7 on IRIX
Date: 2000-10-13 10:28:02
Lists: pgsql-ports

Bruce Momjian writes:
> Any chance you can test our current PostgreSQL version and let us
> know what needs changing for Irix? I think it will work better
> now.

I have submitted two patches to get around build problems. I'd expect
both to be needed for AIX and Solaris at least, as well as IRIX.

"Add support for <xti.h>"
"Bug in pg_restore.c"

A minor problem that I have not addressed is that for the main build I
was able to "make". That found my /usr/local/bin/gmake and from there
on used "gmake". The same feature has not been done in
src/test/regress. Running "gmake" directly is fine though.

The runcheck regression tests are all good except for geometry. That
has nine differences in the least significant digit compared with
geometry-positive-zeros.out. Do you think that's good enough to
submit a geometry-irix.out file?

Snapshot with my two patches builds and passes the runcheck regression
tests.
--
Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical -./\.- by myself and does not represent