prepared statement support?

From: Christopher Lee <clee(at)gnwy100(dot)wuh(dot)wustl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: prepared statement support?
Date: 2000-09-09 02:06:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,

I'm new to postgresql and RDBMS in general and was wondering if it supported
"prepared statements" or some equivalent.

BACKGROUND:

I understand that if you are going to do a large number of repetitions of a
query, some databaes offer pre-parsed "prepared statements" objects for
greater speed.  I haven't seen any mention of these though in the manuals
though.  I have postgresql 7.0.2 installed and working, and I've read
through a good deal of the documentation.

Thanks in advance,

-chris

p.s. Many thanks to the postgresql team- the support of "REFERENCES"
column constraints is especially nifty.

pgsql-novice by date