Re: Revisited: Transactions, insert unique.

From: rmcm(at)compsoft(dot)com(dot)au
To: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, Joachim Achtzehnter <joachim(at)kraut(dot)bc(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Rex McMaster <rmcm(at)compsoft(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Revisited: Transactions, insert unique.
Date: 2000-04-27 03:49:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Ed,

I think the lack of SELECT may be the critical item here, with respect to
reconciling pg's behaviour with (some of) it's docs. The documentation
for SET indicates that the snapshot is taken from the first DML
statement (I cannot locate a similar reference in the MVCC dos). This appears
to be consistent with your observation below.

Rex

--
Rex McMaster rex(at)mcmaster(dot)wattle(dot)id(dot)au
http://www.compsoft.com.au/~rmcm/pgp-pk