getting OID of INSERTed record in ECPG

From: Matthew Denny <mdenny(at)CS(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting OID of INSERTed record in ECPG
Date: 2000-04-18 05:06:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Does anyone know how to get the OID of an INSERTed tuple when using
PostgreSQL and ECPG? The documentation and the mail archives state that the
OID of an INSERTed tuple is placed in sqlca.sqlerrd[1] after the SQL
call. Although I can get sqlca to return error messages and error
codes reliably in the same program, sqlca.sqlerrd[1] always equals 0
even after a successful insert. Has anyone had this same problem?
I'm using the Linux binary distribution of PostgreSQL 6.5.3-3. Any
possible solutions or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Matt Denny