Re: pg_clog troubles

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gordon Runkle <gar(at)integrated-dynamics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_clog troubles
Date: 2002-03-20 05:05:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gordon Runkle <gar(at)integrated-dynamics(dot)com> writes:
> I'm dead in the water with pg_clog errors:

> Mar 19 18:25:05 nexus postgres[28736]: [6] FATAL 2: open of
> /data00/pgdata/pg_clog/007D failed: No such file or directory

Am I right in guessing that the range of file names you have present
in pgdata/clog/ is nowhere near 007D, let alone the others mentioned?

We have seen a couple of reports like this now, all seemingly indicating
that the clog code is being asked about the commit status of a totally-
off-the-wall transaction number. I would really like to dig into an
example with a debugger ... but the prior reporters have been unable
to reproduce the problem on demand. If you can provide a chance to
get this behavior under a gdb microscope, let's talk.