psql 7.0.0 beta

From: Ulf Mehlig <umehlig(at)uni-bremen(dot)de>
To: mailto:pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql 7.0.0 beta
Date: 2000-02-28 12:06:02
Lists: pgsql-general
I have tried the postgreSQL 7.0.0 beta, and, so far, the only problem
I encountered that was unknown to me (and the TODO-list) was a core
dump of pgsql when I tried to import the data from a pg_dump'ed SQL
file under the "wrong" user ID (I dumped the data as user "xxx" and
tried to import them as "yyy"):

  yyy(at)abc yyy]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql < data.sql
  #\connect: FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user 'xxx' is not in 'pg_shadow'
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

After doing a search-replace with sed, everything worked fine ... BTW,
I had the impression that the beta is somewhat faster then the 6.5.3 I
used to work with -- generally, 7.0 looks really good! Many thanks to
the development team!! Now I looking forward to a postgreSQL with
complete support for aggregates, union etc. in views ;-)

Regards,
Ulf

P.S.: Ah, there was another problem, but I wasn able to reproduce it;
      after compiling, "make install" did not install "initdb"; after
      repeating the install, everything was in place (Redhat 6.1);
      another install on RedHat 6.0 worked without problems.
Ulf Mehlig    <umehlig(at)zmt(dot)uni-bremen(dot)de>
              Center for Tropical Marine Ecology/ZMT, Bremen, Germany

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Lincoln SpiteriDate: 2000-02-28 14:02:01