Re: BUG #5503: error in trigger function with dropped columns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Maksym Boguk" <Maxim(dot)Boguk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5503: error in trigger function with dropped columns
Date: 2010-06-13 16:09:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Maksym Boguk" <Maxim(dot)Boguk(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> This bug hard to describe. But in general if a table contained dropped
> columns you cannot use return record variable in trigger function.

This is fixed for 9.0 ... or at least the specific test case you provide
doesn't fail. We have not risked back-porting the change though,
because there are other aspects of what the new code does that might
cause people problems, eg
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-03/msg00444.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/6645.1267926354@sss.pgh.pa.us