Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest Wiki URLs
Date: 2008-10-08 00:26:48
Lists: pgsql-www
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> In hindsight my proposal may well have been overkill.  By virtue of
> the fact that we are using categories, there is a Zero Additional
> Effort way to navigate around the various commitfest pages: just go to
> the category page.

Maybe zero effort from the wiki maintainer's point of view ;-).  That
path requires at least three clicks, plus the mental bandwidth to decide
which of the closed-fest pages is the most recent.  Bruce is complaining
about *one* extra click to get from CommitFestInProgress to where he
really wants to be --- which is legitimate, but I don't want to serve
that need at the cost of a large complexity increase in going the other
way.

Plan B would be to have a CommitFestPast redirect, which would be
updated as a part of the close-a-commitfest procedure.