EMS HiTech company is pleased to announce PostgreSQL Manager 2.7 -- the next version of the powerful PostgreSQL administration and development tool!
You can download the latest version and user's guide from
What's new in version 2.7?
1. Extract Metadata. We have added the possibility to make scripts for all objects of a scheme.
2. SQL Editor. Now it is possible to view the query results on the same tab with the query text.
3. When connecting to the server 8.0beta5 an error arose, as in this version of the server it is impossible to define tablespace for schema and, therefore, in the system table 'pg_namespace' there is no 'nsptablespace' field. The proper changes are given in PostgreSQL Manager.
4. SQL executor now supports dollar-quoted strings.
5. In function definition the function body is now shown as dollar-quoted string. You can disable this using the 'Dollar-quoted Function Body on Server 8.0 and Higher' option on the Object Editors tab of Environment Options dialog.
6. There appeared the new possibility to disable showing the Changing Metadata window using the corresponding option in Confirmations tab of Environment Options dialog.
7. Query Builder. Access Violation error emerged when adding a criterion and closing a form. The bug is fixed.
8. 'Make hidden Table Explorer visible on new table window' option is substituted for 'Hide Table Explorer'. A new button is added in the toolbar of Table editor to show/hide the explorer.
9. Expressions of indices for server 8.0 beta 5 are shown correctly now.
10. Now, when creating SERIAL and BIGSERIAL on server 8.0, the script like ALTER TABLE ADD SERIAL is generated. On creating SERIAL on server 7.4 and lower the maximum value for created sequence is limited now according to INTEGER type.
11. BLOBs with OID more than 2147483647 were shown empty. The problem is solved now.
12. The error arose and the views were not shown, when the user without rights for some schemes usage tried to connect to server. Now it is fixed.
13. Function editor. Sometimes after compiling a function the list of arguments became empty. Fixed now.
14. Export wizard. When the 'Current record only' option was selected the cursor jumped to the first record and the first record was exported. The problem is solved.
15. Grid tab of Environment Options dialog. The new 'Autofill Not Null fields w/o default' option is added.
16. Now the Help | 'Send bug report to' menu item is passed to our Support Ticket System.
17.Small improvements and bugfixes.
What is PostgreSQL Manager?
EMS PostgreSQL Manager is a powerful graphical tool for PostgreSQL administration and development. It makes creating and editing PostgreSQL database objects easy and fast, and allows you to run SQL scripts, manage users and their privileges, build SQL queries visually, extract, print and search metadata, export data to 14 available formats and import them from most popular formats, view and edit BLOB fields, and many more...
Don't forget to check out other our products:
Powerful database administration tools for MS SQL, InterBase/Firebird, MySQL, PostgreSQL and DBISAM servers
Cross-platform data management utilities for MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, and InterBase/Firebird
Powerful components and tools for Delphi/C++ Builder developers
We hope you'll like our products.
Thank you for your attention.
EMS HiTech Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Jan Wieck||Date: 2004-12-02 21:17:54|
|Subject: Re: Select Database|
|Previous:||From: ON.KG||Date: 2004-12-02 09:39:38|
|Subject: Select Database|