Re: Literal vs parameterized 'timestamp with time zone' value

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Christopher Hunt <huntc(at)internode(dot)on(dot)net>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Literal vs parameterized 'timestamp with time zone' value
Date: 2007-06-18 13:33:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Christopher,

Use a more recent jar. There is a problem with the spec, and
postgresql. The spec does not have two different timestamps. In
previous versions we bound the type to timestamp without timezone. In
more recent versions we bind it to 'unknown' which allows the server
to decide.

If this fails then appending ?protocolVersion=2 will work, however
you won't be server side prepared statements.

Dave