Remove obsolete maven-ant-tasks

From: Jozef Mlich <jmlich(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Remove obsolete maven-ant-tasks
Date: 2015-03-23 16:11:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear pgsql-jdbc hackers,

recently, I was trying to recompile postgresql jdbc driver (ver. 1201)
in Fedora Linux from source codes.

I had troubles with maven-ant-tasks package. Fedora forbids installation
from binary files ( ./lib/*.jar ) so we aren't using them. The package
maven-ant-tasks is not available in current release of Fedora. According
to the commit message [1] is the package retired because its
incompatibility with Maven 3. The Maven 2 is still present, but it is
already after its End of Life [2].

It would be nice, if you can remove dependency on maven-ant-tasks.

I was trying to create an patch, but my java skills are limited )-; I
suppose this commit [3] is best place to start.

[1]
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/maven-ant-tasks.git/commit/?id=b3fea86ab90954a44fc363fb0ab349594d9342a8
[2] http://maven.apache.org/
[3]
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/commit/94bc87e3dde97f08df7d2f31164a1f2348185713

best regards,
--
Jozef Mlich <jmlich(at)redhat(dot)com>
Associate Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience