Re: BUG #1184: listeners not cleaned on crash

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Radim Kolar" <hsn(at)netmag(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1184: listeners not cleaned on crash
Date: 2004-06-27 22:07:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:

This is a deficiency, without doubt, but it's always seemed like a
mighty low-priority one to me.  There already is a provision for
deleting entries when they are found not to refer to any existing
process, so the odds of actually sending a mistaken notify seem low.

> This is a very annoying bug if you are running slony1 replication system.

If slony reacts badly to an extra notification then I think that's a
slony problem more than anything else.  It shouldn't be that fragile.