Re: UUID-OSSP Contrib Module Compilation Issue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bruce(dot)mcalister(at)blueface(dot)ie
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UUID-OSSP Contrib Module Compilation Issue
Date: 2008-10-29 00:48:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Bruce McAlister <bruce(dot)mcalister(at)blueface(dot)ie> writes:
> When I run configure with the above options, I end up with the following
> configure error:

> checking for uuid_export in -lossp-uuid... no
> checking for uuid_export in -luuid... no
> configure: error: library 'ossp-uuid' or 'uuid' is required for OSSP-UUID

Huh. Nothing obvious in your info about why it wouldn't work. I think
you'll need to dig through the config.log output to see why these link
tests are failing. (They'll be a few hundred lines above the end of the
log, because the last part of the log is always a dump of configure's
internal variables.)