Re: How to reindex when unable to open relation?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net>
Cc: Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to reindex when unable to open relation?
Date: 2008-02-27 05:34:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net> writes:
>>> How do I know which files those are?
>>
>> find $PGDATA -name pg_internal.init

> Doesn't exist.

Sucks to be you, then :-(

I'm curious though exactly where the failure is, because there's not
much in RelationCacheInitializePhase2 that looks like it could crash,
other than the init-file reading (I assume load_relcache_init_file
got inlined into RelationCacheInitializePhase2).  Do you want to try
rebuilding the backend with --enable-debug so we can get a better
traceback?