Re: BUG #5960: No rule to make target 'libpq.a', needed by 'all-static-lib'

From: julia(dot)jacobson(at)arcor(dot)de
To: erob(at)gthcfoundation(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5960: No rule to make target 'libpq.a', needed by 'all-static-lib'
Date: 2011-03-30 16:56:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello Etienne,

Thanks for your answer.
What do you mean by "you may have hitten yourself in the foot with the --disable-shared option"?
When I don't use this option, everything works fine.
Compiling PostgreSQL 8.4.7 doesn't work either.
The problem is that I need a static libpq. Leaving out the --disable-shared option doesn't results in some pseudo-static libpq and my application still requires a dynamic libpq apart from the static one.

Regards,
Julia