Re: [GENERAL] *Old* PostgreSQL version

From: Alex Shnitman <alexsh(at)hectic(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] *Old* PostgreSQL version
Date: 1999-06-25 13:37:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian writes:

> > database_name=> select version();
> > WARN:parser: Syntax error at or near "version"
> >
> > What else can I do? I can see from the dates of the files that it was
> > installed sometime in mid-1997. What else can I use to find the
> > version?
>
> That's a good one. There is a data/PG_VERSION file in the install
> directory that should contain the version, though there was one release
> where we forgot to update that. That may help. I assume you don't have
> the source code, because the HISTORY file always has the version at the
> top of the file.

Yes, that did it! Thanks a lot. (6.1... Not *that* old after all. Or
is it?) Perhaps it needs to be added to that question in the FAQ or
something.

--
Alex Shnitman | http://www.debian.org
alexsh(at)hectic(dot)net, alexsh(at)linux(dot)org(dot)il +-----------------------

Minds are like parachutes... they work best when open.