Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: John Marino <draco(at)marino(dot)st>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27
Date: 2012-10-07 17:35:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

John Marino <draco(at)marino(dot)st> writes:
> On 10/7/2012 18:36, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This issue is dealt with in 9.2. I don't think we are going to change
>> it in previous release branches, because these are only warnings no?

> It successfully completes the build. I don't know if the warnings are
> harmless or not. I would have thought the 9.2 fix would have been
> backported to something as recent as version 9.1.x though especially
> since 9.1 is the default version for pgsql in pkgsrc.

The fix was nontrivial and involved removal of some (undocumented)
functionality, so we're not likely to consider backporting it unless
someone proves that the warnings are more than cosmetic. As far as
I can tell, they aren't.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=d923125b77c5d698bb8107a533a21627582baa43
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=19f45565f581ce605956c29586bfd277f6012eec