Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL server terminated by signal 11

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Daniel Caune" <daniel(dot)caune(at)ubisoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL server terminated by signal 11
Date: 2006-07-27 23:26:06
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

"Daniel Caune" <daniel(dot)caune(at)ubisoft(dot)com> writes:
> I run the command responsible for creating the index and I entered "continue" in gdb for executing the command. After a while, the server crashes:

> 0x08079e2a in slot_attisnull ()
> (gdb)
> Continuing.

> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> The program no longer exists.

> I can't do "bt" since the program no longer exists.

I think you typed one carriage return too many and the thing re-executed
the last command, ie, the continue. Try it again.

The lack of arguments shown for slot_attisnull suggests that all we're
going to get is a list of function names, without line numbers or
argument values. If that's not enough to figure out the problem, can
you rebuild with --enable-debug to get a more useful stack trace?