Re: Commit fest queue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Tom Dunstan" <pgsql(at)tomd(dot)cc>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commit fest queue
Date: 2008-04-11 17:54:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> In Trac, if I just want to loosely associate several tickets together
> I'd use *keywords*, e.g., put "index am" in the keywords list for
> several tickets, and then they'll show up prominently when I search
> for those terms.

Assuming you know what to search for, of course ...

> If I want something more structured I'd use a *milestone*. I'd create
> an "Index AM" milestone and attach all the relevant tickets to it.
> Then I can easily pull up a report of all open tickets on the Index AM
> milestone (or all closed tickets, or all tickets regardless of status,
> or all tickets assigned to me, or all tickets not assigned to anyone
> yet, or ...)

Yeah, you can do all that in bugzilla too (Red Hat uses tracking bugs
to such an extent that I think they outnumber the plain bugs :-().
It still pretty much sucks for what I want, which is to easily see an
overview of what's in the commit-fest queue organized in some helpful
fashion.

In any case, this still sounds like forcing our problem to fit the tool.