Re: HELP pls

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "spol(at)mail(dot)ru" <spol(at)mail(dot)ru>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HELP pls
Date: 2008-04-23 17:10:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> spol(at)mail(dot)ru wrote:
>> I don't know how, but i got 2 postgres users.

> You've got transaction wraparound problems. Start here:

Vacuuming isn't gonna help though. The tuple at (0,2) has been frozen,
which means that vacuum has certainly been run on the table since the
update; so he's wrapped around so far that vacuum doesn't think it can
remove the (0,1) tuple.

I assume the OP is just trying to dump this database so he can upgrade
to something remotely modern. It might work to change the second
tuple's usesysid to something else (eg, 2) so that pg_dump doesn't
see multiple rows matching other objects' owner fields.