Re: pg_dump silently fails

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brandon Keepers <brandon(at)opensoul(dot)org>
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump silently fails
Date: 2005-06-14 20:51:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Brandon Keepers <brandon(at)opensoul(dot)org> writes:
> Yup, that was it. If you disable SELinux, everything works. I tried
> just commenting out line 732
> in /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts and that didn't
> work. Anyone know how to correct this?

I don't know very much about SELinux, but I think the stuff under
/etc/selinux is in the nature of "source code", and if you edit it
you have to do something to compile it and then load the compiled
representation into the kernel.

However, the real answer for your problem is to update to a later
version of selinux-policy-targeted. Red Hat fixed this awhile ago...