Anyone see any value in LockDisable/LockingDisabled mechanism?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Anyone see any value in LockDisable/LockingDisabled mechanism?
Date: 2001-08-26 23:08:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers
In current sources, lock.c's LockDisable() function is called only
for bootstrapping or if the (useless) -L backend switch is used.
I have verified that it's not needed for bootstrapping: initdb
succeeds just fine without it.  Accordingly, I'm strongly tempted
to remove the function, the switch, and the tests for LockingDisabled()
in all the lock-related functions.  Does anyone see a reason to
keep 'em?

Next:From: Larry RosenmanDate: 2001-08-27 00:13:54