Re: Inheritance mention

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inheritance mention
Date: 2009-04-13 06:04:18
Lists: pgsql-docs
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com> writes:
> Bruce Momjian escreveu:
>> Do people feel we should continue documenting that Postgres pre-7.1
>> didn't reference child tables by default?
>>
> No. IMHO we should remove references to unsupported releases from documentation.

"Unsupported releases" is far too strict a criterion for this.  For
example, there are demonstrably still people using 7.2 (we had a
question about it just last week).  They will still appreciate these
notes when they get around to updating.

Pre-7.1 might indeed be old enough to cut, but how much are we really
saving?  Four sentences out of our current docs doesn't excite me ...