Re: Locale Issue

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Don Parris <parrisdc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Locale Issue
Date: 2013-08-23 08:58:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Le jeudi 22 août 2013 à 20:06 -0400, Don Parris a écrit :

> locale showed everything *except* LC_ALL as being en_US.UTF-8.
> LC_ALL was empty. I can only guess that the LC_ALL setting may have
> played a part in the problem.

I doubt it, mine was not set either and the installation went fine. See
the output of locale on my machine :

LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

> See my previous e-mail (sent just a few minutes before this one).

Agreed : change your settings, then create the cluster.

I would stick with the standard 'apt-get install', unless you have a
reason not to.

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/