SSL patch updated & pl/perl slated for 6.4

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: SSL patch updated & pl/perl slated for 6.4
Date: 1998-06-26 04:42:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

okay -- I've seriously updated the SSL patch (practically rewritten)
and we're even using it here @ work, and it works great. If you used
it before, be sure to read the info page as the behavior has changed
drastically.

it is two patches now, one to funnel all be/fe communication through
my functions pq_read/write and one to add SSL on top of that. i'm not
going to bother releasing the comm patch as I'll have to rewrite it
for the snapshot version of pgsql.

I plan on including a beta version pl/perl with the 6.4 (can beta
software exist in contrib?) for those who are wondering. I'm short on
time, but I am dedicated to this project.

that's about it -- check out the SSL stuff if you like, at the
following spacetime coordinate and listen to me beg for a job:

http://www.chicken.org/pgsql/ssl/

btw -- thanks for the link on postgresql.org

also, does anyone know if i'm illegally distributing encryption
software? not that I give a rats ass, but I am curious.

i'll announce SSL patch to the general list soon if that is
appropriate..