Re: Upgrading driver from 7.4 to 8.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading driver from 7.4 to 8.1
Date: 2006-05-24 20:14:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
"Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de> writes:
> Due to the recent security bugfix for PostgreSQL 8.1, I wanted to
> upgrade my drivers according to the recommendations here
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.49

FWIW, I think that Java clients don't need to worry about those security
issues.  It's not possible for Java to emit an invalidly-coded UTF8
string, is it?  I thought that the internal representation of strings
is UCS2 or UCS4, and if so, it would take some exceedingly broken
code in the JVM for the output not to be valid UTF8.

Not that it's not a good idea to upgrade anyway.  Sorry I can't help you
with your ColdFusion problem.