Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-questions(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell
Date: 1998-06-01 00:23:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Unfortunately, there's no other way.  This is mentioned in the
perlcall manpage, I beleive.  One method which is ok in my book is to
load the shared perl lib once, in one backend, and then it can be
shared between all other backends when they need perl regex's.

There is no mechanism for auto-loading the type/func shared libraries
on postmaster startup correct?  It happens per backend sessions?  So
to do the above you'd have to have one "Dummy" connection which just
did a simple regex and then while(1) { sleep(10^32) };