Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Joel Miller <joelwmiller(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync
Date: 2006-03-23 23:15:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Any particular reason why straight CVS doesn't work for you? Are you
> that interested in having the log comment locally?

Personally, I'd really like to have a local repository copy, because
I spend a *lot* of time with cvsweb etc --- but I'm sure my needs are
several standard deviations away from the mean.  So far I've been
discouraged from setting up a repository by the unreasonable
infrastructure needs of cvsup.  So these alternatives do sound pretty
interesting.

Is csup protocol-compatible with cvsup?  If so people could use it
without Marc having to do anything.  Has anyone got experience with
it --- reliability, performance, etc?